Asian noodle salad with shrimp – this is not just a dish, it is, first of all, a low-calorie and very healthy food! After all, rice noodles or, as it is also called, funchose, are well absorbed by the body and at the same time leave a feeling of satiety, what can we say about shrimp! In a word, you get pleasure from the salad and benefits.
Ingredients for Asian noodle salad with shrimp:
- Rice noodles – 100 grams
- Royal shrimps, cleaned and boiled – 300 grams
- Red bell pepper of medium size – 1 piece
- Onions of medium size – 2 pieces
- Fresh green cilantro – 10 grams
- Purified water – 750 ml
- Medium-sized garlic – 2 cloves
- Fresh green cilantro – 20 grams
- Curry spice – 2 teaspoons
- Sesame oil – 2 tablespoons
- Soy sauce – 1 teaspoon
- A medium-sized lemon – 1/2 part
- Two flat plates
- Deep pot
- Cutting board
- Two deep bowls
- Garlic clove
- Medium-sized saucepan
- Salad bowl
Preparation of Asian noodle salad with shrimp.
Step 1: prepare pepper
First, wash the bell pepper under running water. On a cutting board, use a knife to remove the tail and seeds from the vegetable, then cut it lengthwise into strips. Transfer the chopped ingredient to a flat plate.
Step 2: prepare onions
Peel the onion with a knife. Rinse under running water and cut into two halves on a cutting board. Then we shred with a thin straw lengthwise. WARNING: the finer the onion is chopped, the more tender our dish will be! Transfer the finely chopped ingredient to a flat dish.
Step 3: prepare rice noodles
Special attention should be paid to the process of making funchoza. The cooking time depends on the thickness of the noodle diameter. Thin types of funchoza up to 0.5 mm only need to be poured with boiling water and left to stand under a closed lid for no more than five minutes. If the diameter of the noodles is more than 0.5 mm, then they are boiled according to the same principle as other pasta products, but for 3-4 minutes. And you can determine the readiness of funchoza by its grayish color and transparency. It should be soft in consistency, but slightly crunchy in the mouth. In our case, we put a deep pan with purified water on high heat. When the water boils, turn off the burner and put the required amount of rice noodles in the container. We leave the Asian ingredient to steam for a while 10 minutes.
After that, drain the water with the noodles through a sieve into another deep bowl, as we will still need the liquid. And we leave the noodles in this state to drain.
Step 4: prepare the dressing
Rinse cilantro under running water. Finely chop the greens on a cutting board with a knife. You will immediately feel the pleasant smell of this plant. It will give our salad an unforgettable feeling of freshness and a pleasant taste. Transfer the component of the dish to a deep bowl.
Peel the garlic cloves with a knife and grind the component with a garlic press. Transfer the garlic to a bowl with cilantro.
We do not need a lemon, but only its juice. And for this dish you need just that 2 tablespoons of juiceso we take half a lemon and use a juicer to extract lemon liquid.
Pour into a bowl with other components 3 tablespoons of water from funchoza, soy sauce, sesame oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle everything with curry spice and mix everything well with a spoon. After that, pour everything into a saucepan and cook on low heat for a while 2 minutes, constantly stirring our dressing. Then turn off the burner and leave to infuse.
Step 5: prepare cilantro
We still have greens left for the dish itself. We also wash it under running water and finely chop it on a cutting board with a knife.
Step 6: prepare an Asian noodle salad with shrimp
Put rice noodles, boiled peeled shrimp, chopped pepper, onion and greens in a bowl. Pour all this with our dressing. And with the help of a spoon, we mix everything well until all the components of the salad do not represent a picture as a whole.
Step 7: serve Asian noodle salad with shrimp
Using a spoon, pour the finished dish from the bowl into the salad bowl and put it on the table! In addition to the fact that this salad can be a great breakfast, it will also give you a charge of cheerfulness and a good mood for the whole day due to its ingredients. In addition, it is so tasty and unusual that it can become a wonderful treat even on the festive table! And if you want to surprise your guests with oriental food and etiquette, noodle salad can be served even with Chinese chopsticks.
– If you don’t have a juicer at hand, you can extract lemon juice by hand. Just take half a lemon and squeeze the juice into a plate.
– If you bought rice noodles with a large diameter, after cooking, you can chop them on a cutting board with a knife according to your taste.
– An excellent substitute for such ingredients as onion and sesame oil, Crimean onion and olive oil. The first component will add a light sweetness to the dish. As for the second component, it is better to add sesame oil to the dish, as it has a faint nutty taste and a sweet aroma, it does not obtrusively combine with other components. But if you don’t have one at hand, don’t worry, olive oil also has a pleasant aroma and gives many dishes elegance. As a last resort, you can even add vegetable oil.