The fish has a delicate and mild taste, but let’s enhance the effect with the help of sour cream. Carp is best suited for baking in sour cream. This is a completely lean fish with very tasty, sweet meat. Do you want to prepare a wonderful dish that all your guests and household members will like – bake the crucian carp in sour cream. We must eat fish, it saturates us with proteins and phosphorus, and after this meal we just want to lick our fingers and ask for supplements!
Ingredients for cooking crucian carp in sour cream:
- Carp – 1 kg
- Sour cream – 200 g
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Breadcrumbs (flour) – for breading
- Salt – to taste
- Ground black pepper – to taste
- Greens (dill) – bunch
- Vegetable oil – for frying
- Butter – for greasing
- Cutting board
- Frying pan
- Deco or form for baking
- Paper napkins
- Culinary spatula
Cooking crucian carp in sour cream.
Step 1: Disassemble the crucian carp.
Defrost the crucian carp carcass if you bought a freshly frozen one. Before cooking, you need to rinse the crucian carp well under running water, then put it on a cutting board and, armed with a knife, make an incision from the bottom of the carcass and rub it out. And also remove the gills and clean the fish from the scales. Let’s wash the crucian carp carcass once more to wash off the remaining internal liquid. It needs to be dried with paper towels, and now it is ready for further cooking.
Step 2: Fry the crucian carp before baking.
Salt the washed and dried crucian carp to taste and roll in breadcrumbs – breadcrumbs or flour. Pour a little vegetable oil into the pan and heat it, and then transfer the fish to it. Fry on both sides until golden brown. It should be well fried, you can even fry it a little, but this applies only to crucian carp.
Frying will take 15-20 minutes, do not forget to turn it over and do not let it burn.
Step 3: Bake the crucian carp in sour cream.
Turn on the oven and let it heat up to 180 degrees. In the meantime, grease a baking tray or baking dish with butter, put fried crucian carp on it, and onion rings on top, which we have previously cleaned and thinly sliced. Add salt and spices to taste, pour sour cream over the fish and onions. We wash the greens, finely chop them and sprinkle them on top of our dish. Bake the crucian carp in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
Step 4: Serve the crucian carp baked in sour cream.
When the crucian carp in sour cream is ready, your kitchen will be filled with an incredibly delicious aroma that will call the household to the table. And all you have to do is take the tray with the fish out of the oven and serve it to the table. The best side dish for karasevi, baked in sour cream, is a simple option that does not challenge the taste of the main dish – young boiled potatoes, or just a salad of fresh vegetables.
– Put the fish for frying only on a hot pan, otherwise the fish will stick.
– Together with crucian carp, you can also bake a side dish – potatoes and, for example, tomatoes.
– You can not fry the fish before baking, then its meat will be lighter, almost like boiled.
– Anton Pavlovich Chekhov believed that the best fish is fried crucian carp in sour cream, which before cooking (alive) is marinated in milk for a day in order to repel the smell of stew. Try to follow the recommendations of the great classic!
– Fresh fish, preferably lively, with bright red gills, is best for cooking.
– Do not get carried away by adding spices to the dish, so as not to overpower the delicate taste of crucian carp and sour cream.