Previously, lobsters were only boiled in slightly salted water, but since the art of cooking is the destiny of various master-fantasists, who constantly strive to surprise all their so-called “clients” with something exclusive and tasty, in the near future, various cooks have come up with many recipes using lobsters . Here, for example, I advise you to try to cook such a dish. as Mexican lobster.
Ingredients for cooking lobster in the Mexican style:
- Lobster meat – 450 grams.
- Tomatoes – 2 pieces.
- Green pepper – 1 piece.
- Ground cumin (zira) – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Ground black pepper – to taste.
- Ground red pepper – to taste.
- Breadcrumbs – 2 cups.
- Margarine – 60 grams.
- 20% cream – 1/2 cup.
- Deep pot
- Board for processing is wooden or plastic
- Kitchen tongs
- Kitchen scissors
- Deco or form for baking
- A couple of deep bowls
- Serving dish
Cooking lobsters the Mexican way.
Step 1: prepare the lobsters
Put a deep pan with water on high heat. When the water boils, use kitchen tongs to lower the lobsters into it (only head down) and cook them 3-4 minutes. When they are cooked, take out the lobsters and put them in a colander. We give time to cool, and then transfer them to a wooden cutting board. With the help of a sharp knife or kitchen scissors, cut its shell, cut off the tail with the head. We take out the meat from each lobster, which we cut into small pieces on a board.
Step 2: prepare vegetables with lobsters
We take ripe tomatoes, wash them well under running water, dry them with paper towels and finely chop them on a board. Sweet pepper is also thoroughly washed, dried with paper towels, cut in half, remove the core with seeds and also finely chop.
Mix the lobster meat with the already chopped vegetables in a bowl. Take a baking sheet from the oven with fairly high sides, if you don’t have one, take a baking dish. It is advisable to take forms with a non-stick coating.
Step 3: prepare the sauce and bake the lobsters
First of all, prepare the sauce. We take 20% cream and mix it in a bowl with seasonings, namely: with cumin, red pepper, allspice. All this is now a little salty. Pour one half of the already prepared sauce directly into the mold. Place lobster meat and vegetables on it.
Melt margarine or butter in a metal bowl over low heat. You can melt the butter using a microwave oven. After the butter is melted, add breadcrumbs to it. Pour this mixture into a mold and level it well with a spoon. For whom it is more convenient and more familiar – I can level either with a fork or a kitchen spatula. Pour the remaining cream on top.
We heat the oven on 190 degrees. When it heats up, put our form with the dish in the middle of the oven and bake it for a while 30 minutes.
Step 4: Serve the lobsters Mexican-style
After the dish is baked, put it on a deep serving dish, decorate it with sprigs of greens, you can add chopped olives and serve it hot. You can additionally decorate the dish with shrimp and mussel shells.
– today, lobster or lobster is not only baked, but also put in various soups and snacks, as well as boiled or simply stewed.
– in addition to this, you can always make an excellent salad or even a soufflé from lobsters or lobsters.
– for all lovers of spaghetti, Italian cooks have come up with a very tasty dish that we recommend you try as soon as you can – lobster, completely stewed in a special Italian pasta and served only with spaghetti.
– in general, any lobster dish is ideal with boiled rice, as well as all kinds of vegetable salads.