Czech national soup – a very interesting tasting and original soup from the Czech Republic. Unlike our soups, it is prepared without roasting carrots and onions, but it turns out no less tasty. The main thing is to use finely ground and high-grade flour, and you will definitely succeed. Help yourself!
Ingredients for preparing Czech national soup:
- Chicken broth – 1.5 liters
- Potatoes of large size – 5 pieces
- Onions of large size – 0.5 pieces
- Fresh porcini mushrooms – 200 grams
- Sour cream with 20% fat content – 200 milliliters
- Wheat flour – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Ground black pepper – to taste
- Cutting board
- Plate – 2 pieces
- Medium saucepan
- A small bowl
- Deep bowl
- A deep plate for serving
Preparation of Czech national soup:
Step 1: prepare onions.
With the help of a knife, we clean the onion from the husk and then – wash it thoroughly under running water. We put the vegetable on a cutting board and finely chop it into cubes with the same sharp tool. Transfer the chopped onion to a clean plate.
Step 2: prepare the potatoes.
Using a knife, peel the potatoes and then wash them thoroughly under running warm water. Place the vegetable on a cutting board and cut it into large cubes. Transfer the processed potatoes to a free plate.
Step 3: prepare the mushrooms.
Wash the champignons thoroughly under running warm water and, if necessary, remove the roughened areas on the surface of the cap and leg of the mushroom with the help of a knife. After that, put it on a cutting board and cut it into small pieces with the same sharp tool. Transfer the chopped champignons to a clean small bowl.
Step 4: prepare Czech national soup.
Pour the prepared chicken broth into a medium saucepan and pour chopped potatoes and onions into it. We put it on medium heat and bring the soup to a boil. After that, we make the fire less than average and cook the dish for a while 15 minutes. After the allotted time, add champignons to the pan, salt the soup to taste, mix everything well with a tablespoon and continue to cook the soup, as they call this soup in the Czech Republic, 15-20 minutes.
And while the soup is cooking, let’s prepare “ishka”. This is a special flour dressing. Thanks to this mixture, real Czech soups become similar to pureed soups, and in consistency somewhat resemble semolina. Therefore, such first courses are eaten without bread, because they are very filling, although not heavy. So, pour sour cream into a deep bowl and pour flour. Using a tablespoon, mix everything well until a homogeneous mass without lumps is formed.
At the end of cooking soup, add sour cream dressing, ground black pepper to taste, mix everything well until smooth and cook the dish for another 10 minutes on low heat. WARNING: here you need to constantly stir the soup with a tablespoon so that it does not burn.
Step 5: serve the Czech national soup.
As soon as the Czech national soup is ready, we pour it into a deep plate with the help of a ladle and can serve it to the dinner table while it has not yet cooled down. The soup can be decorated with finely chopped fresh herbs. It turns out a very tasty aromatic soup with pieces of mushrooms and potatoes.
– In the Czech national soup, you can add pieces of chicken from the broth.
– Instead of fresh champignons, you can use frozen mushrooms, the taste of the dish will not be spoiled. In this case, be sure to take the mushrooms out of the freezer in advance and set them aside to thaw at room temperature. In no case do not defrost mushrooms under a stream of hot water or in a microwave oven.
– If you don’t have meat broth at hand, but you want soup right here and right now, don’t be upset, because it can be replaced with ordinary purified water.
– In addition to chicken broth, you can use vegetable or fish broth.